Why Learn to Fly?
Flying is the ultimate level of personal freedom!!
There are no boundaries for the individual that has learned how to fly. Imagine traveling twice as fast as your ground-bound counterparts and in any direction you choose. You can take friends and family on trips skiing, surfing, golfing or shopping anywhere you want; when you want. When you learn to fly you have the means to increase your productivity, control your destiny and still make it home for dinner.
Beyond the love of flying you will gather many other benefits when you have your pilots license. Having a pilots license enhances many aspects of your life. Pilots often speak of “situational awareness”, or being able to use all available information to make timely, safe decisions. After you begin flight training, you’ll start to apply this concept to other facets of your life, whether you’re driving in heavy traffic to work or watching various weather patterns roll in over the mountains as you plan a backcountry ski outing.
Finally, free yourself from your own lack of confidence. Knowing how to take a 2,500 lb piece of steel, cruise it around the skies, and land safely at your destination is one of the biggest ego boosts in the world. After learning how to fly, most other skills will seem like a breeze to acquire. From day to day, your walk might even take on a little more of a swagger, knowing that you are part of a small, elite group of aviators.
The world of flight offers many exciting career choices. Air transport pilot, charter pilot, fight instructor, engineer and repair technician are but a few of the options available to you when you fly. Despite the current economic situation, the aviation job market is poised for a rebound and major growth. Get your flight training now with OK3 Air’s flight school and be ready for the mass hirings that will soon happen as more and more pilots retire. Remember though, aviation is not just restricted to commercial pilots and military pilots! If you start with your training at OK3 Air, you could become a bush pilot flying in Alaska, a jet charter pilot for a multimillionaire, a law enforcement fixed wing pilot, a seaplane pilot, a flight instructor, and a myriad of other things!
With the ability to fly yourself and others to and from business meetings, you will create a better quality of life and still increase your productivity. Imagine being able to attend three meetings in three states and still be home in time to see your daughter wins the science fair or your youngest child takes their first steps. These are moments in life that you do not want to spend sitting in some terminal waiting for a connecting flight that you and 300 of your, soon to be closest “friends”, are going to be crammed on. When you complete your flight training with OK3 Air, you won’t have to hire a crew for the aircraft; instead, you will be the crew and will be able to go where you want, when you want. Our flight instruction and aircraft sales departments can take you and your dream, and turn you into the pilot-in-command of the jet or turboprop of your choice. If you want to have the full business aviation experience and transform the way you travel, OK3 Air’s flight training program can make that happen!
The desire to travel where you want, how you want and when you want is integral to the human spirit. By learning to fly you can give yourself the gift of true freedom. When you fly to your destinations, you can arrive in a third of the time it would have taken had you driven by car.
Commercial airlines service about 650 airports, but when you fly yourself you have over 5,400 airports that you can travel to. This means that you can fly directly to your destination without delays, without long commutes and without having to rely or conform to other people’s schedules. If you detest being frisked by TSA security agents, crammed in the back of a commercial airliner, and stuck in a terminal due to flight delays, then getting your pilot ratings through OK3 Air’s flight training program in Heber City, Utah is your best option!
Flying for Pleasure
Let’s face it, flying is just plain exhilarating!! When you get your pilots license you join a long and historic group of individuals. The list of aviators in long; Orville and Wilber Wright, Amelia Earhart, Benjamin O. Davis, Charles Lindberg, Bessie Coleman, Chuck Yeager, Neil Armstrong, and others. The list goes on and on. Each of these pilots did something different with their training, but there is one common thread that ties them all together: they loved to fly. When any of these people was asked why they got into flying, they all said, “Because it is FUN!!”
7 Steps In Learning To Fly -
- Take a Discovery Flight - This is where it all starts. Book a Discovery Flight at OK3AIR and begin your adventure into the world of aviation. With your Discovery Flight you receive a pre-flight briefing to prepare you for the .5-1.0 hour flight, where you get the chance to take the controls and feel the freedom of flight.
- Start your lessons with the Computer-Based Instruction Kit - OK3AIR uses the most advanced training materials in the industry. We have teamed up with Cessna to offer you a state-of-the-art computer based education package. The power of desktop multimedia lets you interact with the subject matter in ways that help you learn faster and gain new insights. Audio and video clips give you the feeling that cannot be provided by taking a traditional Private Pilot Training course. Using a CBT system allows you to study anywhere — At home, in the office, even while you are traveling.
- Get an Aviation Medical Certificate - The FAA requires that all piolets have a medical certification from an approved Aviation Medical Examiner. To find a local AME log on to http://ame.cami.jccbi.gov
- Make Your First Solo Flight - Your first solo flight is the single most exciting thing that you will ever do! Once you have completed the first part of your flight instruction and demonstrated your skills as a pilot to your instructor, it’s time for you to really taste freedom.
- Fine-Tune Your Skills, Build Time, and Gain Experience - Now that you are free to fly solo, you must practice, practice, practice. But what could be more fun than “having” to fly? After approximately 40 hours of total flight time, most students are ready to begin their testing for a private pilot certificate.
- Take The Written Exam - The FAA administers a “written test” through an FAA approved Computer Assisted Testing Service (CATS) center. This test confirms your level of knowledge and preparedness for a check ride. The Computer Based Instruction system that OK3AIR employs will completely prepare for your FAA written exam.
- Take Your Check Ride - OK3AIR considers your check ride a flight that we take together. All of your training and practice leads to this one flight. Your aeronautical knowledge and skills are reviewed by an FAA examiner to give you the green light to flight. This is where you get to shine and make us all proud.
DISCOVERY FLIGHT - Your introduction to Flight Training
Now stop imagining and schedule your Discovery Flight today. will provide you with with a friendly, expert flight instructor, computer-based instruction materials, and a safe, modern training aircraft.
Experience for yourself the thrill and adventure of flying - with an OK3 AIR Discovery Flight. A Discovery Flight is a half hour (1/2 hour) introductory flight lesson in our new Cessna G-1000 aircraft for only $99. You will learn how airplanes fly, conduct a preflight, go flying and actually take the controls, all under the guidance of a top-quality instructor. If you would like to take along a family member or friend please do! One passenger is allowed to come along and ride back seat for only $49!
To schedule your Discovery Flight today, click the link below, complete the form, and submit it to OK3AIR
Schedule Discovery Flight